Grilled Eggplant with Fresh Herbs
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 2 servings
Fresh herbs are best with this recipe, but if you don’t have any on hand, you can certainly use their dried counterparts. Just use a pinch of each herb if you’re using dried.
- 1 eggplant
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the eggplant into slices and salt them lightly. Let them sit for about 15 minutes, so the salt can bring out the moisture of the pieces. Wipe them dry with a bit of paper towel.
- Meanwhile, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic herbs, salt and pepper. Let them sit to absorb the flavors for about 15 minutes.
- Brush eggplant with oil and herb mixture all over, ensuring that the herbs get distributed well.
- Place on a lightly greased grill and grill for about 15-20 minutes, flipping half way through.
Serve as a side dish, or chop up as a salad ingredient. Or my favorite - on a toasted wholemeal bun or ciabata roll along with grilled onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes for a hearty lunch.
Serving size: 2